If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Small grain rice, like Arborio, is often used to make a rich and creamy dish called risotto. By using it in this soup, you'll give the soup a velvety smooth texture. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/fresh-pea-risotto-soup —Healthline
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup small-grain rice, such as Arborio or carnaroli
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- In a large Dutch oven, sauté onion in hot oil over medium-high heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and cook until wine completely evaporates.
- Add broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add peas and cook 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and remove from heat. Serve topped with a sprinkling of cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff