If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple twist on the traditional flatbread pizzas. The tahini sauce replaces tomato and lends a savorous and complimentary flavor to the sweet apples and garlic spinach topped with white cheddar. —claire
Makes 1 large pizza
Flatbread ingredients includes: water, sugar,yeast, sour cream, olive oil, flour and salt.
- 3/4 cup warm water (110-120)
- 1 teaspoon sugar + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water with yeast and one teaspoon sugar. Leave it for 5 minutes until yeast begins to foam.
- Stir in sour cream and olive oil.
- Fit the mixer with a dough hook and add 1 cup of flour with salt and remaining tablespoon of sugar. Knead in mixer on low.
- Slowly add remaining flour and knead 5 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead by hand one minute more until smooth.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover until dough has doubled in size, 1-2 hours.
Spinach Mixture with apples and tahini sauce: spinach, garlic, olive oil, apples,tahini,lemon juice , honey and shredded white cheddar.
- 20 spinach leaves chopped (2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 apples sliced thinly with a mandolin
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 ounces shredded sharp white cheddar
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat. Add garlic and saute two minutes or until golden.
- Remove from heat and pour over chopped spinach. Mix to coat spinach. Set aside.
- Put pan back on stove for apples. After removing garlic from pan, add apples and allow to cook one minute per side on medium heat. Remove apple slices and set aside.
- To prepare Tahini sauce, whisk tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and honey in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Punch dough down and roll out to an 1/8th inch thickness and lay on rounded pan or rectangular bake sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake dough in oven for 4- 5 minutes, then remove.
- Remove dough and spread tahini sauce on dough. Add apples and then spinach mixture. Top with cheddar and put back in oven.
- Lower temperature to 425 and bake 7-9 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff