Author Notes: Chunky and fresh guacamole with tons of green veggies inside! I like using ripe tomatillos instead of tomato in my guacamole, though they serve a similar function, tomatillos are tangier and more complex. —sarahschuster
ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
small onion, small dice
small garlic clove, minced
tomatillos, small dice
jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped
teaspoon ground cumin
juice from half a lime
salt to taste
- Put avocados, onion, garlic, tomatillos, jalapeños, cilantro, and cumin in a bowl. Stir a few times. The avocados will begin to break apart, but don't intentionally mash them.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and stir more until you reach desired consistency. I like to mix it until the ingredients are just combined so that it's extra chunky.
- Season to taste with salt, but remember that if you're serving with salted tortilla chips, be judicious! It will taste much fresher this way.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff