If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a cheat's spring meal in that two of the three main ingredients (peas and breadcrumbs) are frozen... but when the peas pop in your mouth with the fresh lemon and mint and you mix the creamy burrata with the crispy breadcrumbs, I promise it'll satisfy all your spring cravings. I use homemade breadcrumbs for this recipe. If you don't have any on hand, just blitz a hunk of stale bread in a food processor. —Lily Hughes
Food52 Review: WHO: Lily Hughes lives in Bloomington with her 3 cats (and lots of good food).
WHAT: A hearty, cheesy meal—springtime edition.
HOW: Toss cooked peas with butter, mint, and lemon juice, then serve in a bowl with burrata and freshly toasted breadcrumbs and chile flakes.
WHY WE LOVE IT: It's simple, it's delicious, and it's a brilliant way to use springtime ingredients (and a great excuse to eat a bowl of cheese). —Stephanie
- 1 handful mint
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch chile flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces burrata
- Coarsely chop the mint and juice the lemon. Steam or microwave the peas.
- Once the peas are cooked, remove them from the heat and mix in a bowl with the butter, mint, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil in a small pan. On a medium heat, toast the breadcrumbs with the chile flakes until crispy. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the peas into a serving bowl and place the burrata in the center of the peas. Scatter the breadcrumbs over everything and eat immediately.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
More Great Recipes: