If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegetarian dish makes a hearty lunch or light dinner. Like tofu, quinoa is a complete protein that provides all essential amino acids. It is also a tasty source of fiber, iron, magnesium, calcium, and vitamins A, B, and E. Remember to rinse the quinoa well before cooking to remove its bitter-tasting coating of saponin, a natural compound that may help protect quinoa against agricultural pests. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/mediterranean-quinoa-bowl —Healthline
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 4 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- dash of hot sauce
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- Put the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Rinse it well under running water
- Combine the quinoa and water in a small pot over high heat. Bring the quinoa to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and cook the quinoa for 15 minutes. Allow the quinoa to rest, with the lid on, for five minutes. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the dressing. Gradually add the water and lemon juice to the tahini, whisking continuously to combine. Stir in a pinch of salt and dash of hot sauce to taste.
- Divide the cooked quinoa between four bowls. Divide the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, red onion, and parsley between the bowls. Spoon the dressing over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff