Author Notes: An afternoon alone with ripe avocados and an urge to create a lighter and fluffier version of traditional guacamole led me to this recipe. A simple but flavorful guacamole is combined with rich, protein packed Greek yogurt to make a creamy dip, full of tang. For all the garlic lovers, adding just one small minced clove to the mixture gives it an extra punch. Cinco de Mayo won't know what hit it.
Food52 Review: If you are looking to switch things up for Cinco de Mayo, this tasty dip will do the trick. The addition of greek yogurt brings a smoothness to the guacamole, and the lemon makes for a crisper flavor. It's creamy, tangy, and different. When you've gotten tired of the usual suspects, give this alternative a try. —Kinhaven
Makes: 4 cups
cup chopped cilantro
chile (such as jalapeño), minced
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and Pepper, to taste
heaping tablespoons Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
small clove of garlic, minced (optional)
- Mash flesh of avocados with back of a fork until smooth.
- Add cilantro, chile, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the yogurt. Combine with minced garlic, if using. Serve with a bowl of your chips of choice.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff