If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wilted Arugula Pasta Salad makes tender, fresh, spring arugula the star of the show. It's also easy enough to enjoy on a week night as a main dish or side! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
cup olive oil
zest and juice of 1 lemon
cups fresh arugula
cups 100% durum wheat semolina farfalline
cup blue cheese crumbles
cup dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, measure and mix together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook your farfalline per package instructions. The recommended cooking time for my pasta was 9 minutes. Be sure not to overcook, so that you don’t get pasta that falls apart.
- While the pasta is cooking, clean your arugula and gently mix it together with your lemon olive oil mixture.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, immediately drain it, but don’t rinse. Then add your hot pasta to the bowl of arugula and fold together. The hot pasta will gently wilt your arugula, making it more tender and sweet.
- Allow your arugula 3 minutes to wilt and then place it in the refrigerator to cool before you’re ready to serve. I recommend giving it at least 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
- Before serving, mix 1/2 C of blue cheese crumbles and 1/2 C of dried cranberries in with your salad.