If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I scaled down this amazing recipe from one of my chef instructors at school who once ran a hotel kitchen in North Carolina. It's the real deal all right! It took me 30 minutes to make start to finish, and that included all the photos I took along the way. One serving is "Low In" carbs, sodium and cholesterol. —Vegetarianized.com
Makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, smoked if desired
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced finely
- Roast the pepper until the skin is blackened. Immediately place the hot pepper in a ziploc bag and seal for 5 minutes. Remove and peel off the black skin. Chop the pepper finely.
- Add the diced pepper, cream cheese, pickle juice, mayo and hot sauce, if using, into a bowl. Mix until well incorporated and set aside.
- Cut the cheese in half and grate one portion on the smallest size grate. Grate the rest on the large grate.
- Gently fold in the cheese and chives so the spread is fluffy. Serve on toast or crackers.