If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With recipes like this, I think the lowly-thought-of celery can move on up to join the popular crowd with kale and brussel sprouts. A super easy side dish ready in 20 minutes that's "Low In" carbs, saturated fat and cholesterol, AND is gluten-free and vegan. GO CELERY! —Vegetarianized.com
tablespoons olive oil, divided
garlic cloves, sliced as thinly as possible
bunch bunch of celery, cut into 2-3" lengths, keep leaves
cup vegetable stock
- Add 4 Tbsp EVOO and sliced garlic to a small skillet or pot. Heat over medium-low heat until garlic turns golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain off oil and reserve for another use (now you have garlic-infused oil!), and then drain chips on paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat remaining Tbsp EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery and sauté 5 minutes until it starts to get soft.
- Add stock and salt, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. If you have extra time, simmer an additional 15 minutes. The longer you simmer the celery, the softer and sweeter it will become.
- Serve warm with garlic chips and celery leaves sprinkled over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff