Author Notes: With recipes like this, I think the lowly-thought-of celery can move on up to join the popular crowd with kale and brussel sprouts. A super easy side dish ready in 20 minutes that's "Low In" carbs, saturated fat and cholesterol, AND is gluten-free and vegan. GO CELERY! —Vegetarianized.com
tablespoons olive oil, divided
garlic cloves, sliced as thinly as possible
bunch bunch of celery, cut into 2-3" lengths, keep leaves
cup vegetable stock
- Add 4 Tbsp EVOO and sliced garlic to a small skillet or pot. Heat over medium-low heat until garlic turns golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain off oil and reserve for another use (now you have garlic-infused oil!), and then drain chips on paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat remaining Tbsp EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery and sauté 5 minutes until it starts to get soft.
- Add stock and salt, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. If you have extra time, simmer an additional 15 minutes. The longer you simmer the celery, the softer and sweeter it will become.
- Serve warm with garlic chips and celery leaves sprinkled over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff