If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Đuveč is Balkan vegetable stew similar to ratatouille, when cooked with rice it is similar to risotto or jambalaya.
It can be just with vegetable or it can be made with meat.
Often is served with salad.
- 8 chicken thighs, cut into large pieces
- 4 smoked sausages, sliced
- 1 pound onion, diced
- 1 pound mix peppers, diced
- 4 ounces celery, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups crushed tomato
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- Position rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Add onions, celery, peppers, garlic, thyme and oil in a deep baking dish, mix and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In meantime cut and season the chicken with salt, black pepper and chilli flakes, cut sausage and add to the vegetables with chicken, mix and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and add crushed tomato and rice, mix and add 3 cups of water, 1 tsp salt and cook for additional 30-35 minutes.
- Check for seasoning, add peas and parsley, mix and cover for 10-15 minutes, you don't have to cook peas.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner