If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a refreshing and filling soup. It is packed with protein and can easily be adjusted to be dairy-free. If the soup needs to be served immediately and there is no time to chill, add a few pieces of crushed ice. Add 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander if you would like a sweet note to the soup. If you desire more protein, the soup is delicious topped with a diced boiled egg or a side of spicy grilled shrimp. —A Pleasant Little Kitchen
Food52 Review: This perfect summer soup is so simple and easy to throw together in a pinch. I used to be a gazpacho girl, but this is now my new favorite chilled soup. It’s full of healthy fats from the coconut milk and avocado, so it’s really satisfying. The cucumber and yogurt make the soup refreshing and light, while the avocado and coconut milk create a wonderful rich, creamy texture. I wouldn't change a thing! —Natalie
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 avocados, pulp removed
- 1 English cucumber, peeled
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- lime wedges, for topping
- chopped cilantro, for topping
- Place all ingredients except the lime wedges and the cilantro into a food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Store in the fridge until chilled. Serve cold topped with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff