tablespoons unsalted butter
cup leeks, thinly sliced
tablespoons celery, chopped
garlic clove, crushed
teaspoon kosher salt
tablespoons creme fraiche, at room temperature
cups fresh peas
In This Recipe
- Over medium heat melt the butter in small skillet and continue to cook until its browned.
- Add the garlic clove to the browned butter and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Next, add the leeks, celery and salt to the skillet and continue to cook, until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to a boil. Add the peas to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Drain the water from the peas and place the peas into a food processor.
- Add the crème fraiche and the cooked vegetables to the peas.
- Puree the peas, leeks and celery to your desired consistency. Serve warm as a side dish, smeared on crostini or alongside pan seared scallops.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff