If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
tablespoons unsalted butter
cup leeks, thinly sliced
tablespoons celery, chopped
garlic clove, crushed
teaspoon kosher salt
tablespoons creme fraiche, at room temperature
cups fresh peas
- Over medium heat melt the butter in small skillet and continue to cook until its browned.
- Add the garlic clove to the browned butter and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Next, add the leeks, celery and salt to the skillet and continue to cook, until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to a boil. Add the peas to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Drain the water from the peas and place the peas into a food processor.
- Add the crème fraiche and the cooked vegetables to the peas.
- Puree the peas, leeks and celery to your desired consistency. Serve warm as a side dish, smeared on crostini or alongside pan seared scallops.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff