If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A colorful dish for any day —Hechte44
- 1 bunch Fresh Kale
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 0.5 Sweet Onion
- 1 cup Farro
- 1 Pomegranate (Seeded)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Dice the sweet potato (can be peeled or unpeeled) into 1/2 inch cubes and roast at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until easily punctured with a fork.
- Bring a medium sauce pan to a boil and cook the farro until tender. Strain and set aside.
- Dice the onion and caramelize with olive oil, salt and pepper in a frying pan on medium heat. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by combining olive oil, salt, pepper, and pomegranate seeds in a bowl and mixing well.
- Roughly chop the kale into bite size leaves. Throw in the oven with the sweet potatoes for the last few minutes of the cook time, or until the kale has warmed and slightly crisped.
- When the sweet potato is done roasting, combine with the kale, farro and onion. Serve and lightly toss with the dressing. Enjoy!