Author Notes: As a child, I traveled to southern India once. On that trip, I had one of the best fruit salads ever. Freshly grated coconut tossed with the fruits made such a huge difference to the salad. That is what inspired me to make this sweet and savory Kale salad. —Minal
bunches Lacinato Kale - Stems trimmed
cup Unsweetened Dry shredded coconut - Toasted until golden brown
cup Roasted Cashew bits
teaspoon Cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper
- Toss whole Kale leaves in 1 Tablespoon oil, salt, pepper and quickly grill.
- Remove from grill and immediately chill in the refrigerator
- While the Kale is cooling down, cut mangoes into small cubes and chill completely
- Cut the grilled Kale into thin strips after it has completely cooled.
- To serve, mix together Kale, coconut, cashews and transfer to a serving dish. In a separate bowl, toss the mangoes with Cajun seasoning and spread them over
- Enjoy with your favorite grilled meat or by itself
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff