If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a child, I traveled to southern India once. On that trip, I had one of the best fruit salads ever. Freshly grated coconut tossed with the fruits made such a huge difference to the salad. That is what inspired me to make this sweet and savory Kale salad. —Minal
- 2 bunches Lacinato Kale - Stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Dry shredded coconut - Toasted until golden brown
- 3 Mangoes
- 1/4 cup Roasted Cashew bits
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Toss whole Kale leaves in 1 Tablespoon oil, salt, pepper and quickly grill.
- Remove from grill and immediately chill in the refrigerator
- While the Kale is cooling down, cut mangoes into small cubes and chill completely
- Cut the grilled Kale into thin strips after it has completely cooled.
- To serve, mix together Kale, coconut, cashews and transfer to a serving dish. In a separate bowl, toss the mangoes with Cajun seasoning and spread them over
- Enjoy with your favorite grilled meat or by itself
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff