If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Green curry paste is typically not vegetarian as there is either shrimp or anchovy paste in it. I used Madhur Jafferey’s green curry paste recipe as a guideline and changed up a few ingredients based on what I couldn’t find at my grocery store. I replaced kaffir lime zest with a normal lime and birds eye chilis with Serranos.
The dish is sweet, spicy, coconut-y and delicious! It takes a little over 30 minutes to make and in my book that’s a keeper. Try it for yourself! —Hetal Vasavada
Green Curry Paste
- 2-3 serrano chiles,choppedd
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass,thinly sliced
- 1 zest of whole lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a blender with 4-5 tbsp of water and blend until smooth. You will get about 10 tbsp worth of paste. Just put leftovers in a jar and refrigerate.
- 1/2 packet Thai noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large bok choy, julienne outside 5 -7 leaves and cut the middle in half
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4-5 shishito peppers
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 6 ounces coconut milk
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Boil a pot of water and add noodles. Let stand for 10 minutes and drain. Toss with a tsp of oil and set aside.
- Remove and cut the outer few leaves of the bok choy into thin slices. Trim the bottom and cut the middle portion of the bok choy in half.
- Add onions and broccoli, and the 2 halves of bok choy to the pan. Brown the bok choy and broccoli slightly, remove and side aside. You might need to add a few tsp of oil o the pan at this point.
- Add green curry paste and saute for 1 minute. Mix in the coconut milk. Add in the broccoli and thin strips of the bok choy leaves and stems. Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles. Top with half the bok choy halves, scallions and a shishito pepper. Enjoy while hot!