If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was born of "we have a whole bunch of crap in the fridge that needs using.. and I just made this cheese.. what can I make with all that?" Happily, it turned out well enough that I thought to write it down for future use! —Clair Gu
Makes 18 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 cup fresh whey
- 4 tablespoons whole fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine all dry ingredients (flour through tarragon). Mix gently to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients and whisk until smooth (whey through oil). On the lowest setting, gently, but continuously, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just combined. There will be lumps. Just walk away for a few minutes or until your oven is done heating. Then, gently fold in the nuts and strawberries.
- Grease two 12 cup standard muffin tins. Add approximately 3 heaping tablespoons of batter to each cup—they should be 3/4 full. Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean.