If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, but delicious dairy free tart that gets you in the spring mood and ready for summer. —The All Natural Cure
grams wholemeal spelt flour
grams solid coconut oil
milliliters ice cold water
grams swiss chard
cup nutritional yeast
- First you need to make the pastry case (or you could use a pre made one). Pulse the solid coconut oil and flour together in a food processor until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Preheat your oven to 180c/350f.
- After half an hour remove your chilled pastry from the fridge and roll out over a lightly floured surface until about 3mm in thickness.
- Gently lift over your tart dish and press into place. Prick the base with a fork a few times and line with a sheet of baking parchment and baking beans. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Now you can prepare the filling. Top and bottom the leeks, slice in half down the middle and chop into half rings. Remove any thick stems from the chard and roughly chop.
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet and add the leeks, cooking until just softened. Add the thyme, chard and spinach, stirring to wilt the leaves evenly. Then remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk and nutritional yeast with a good pinch of salt and pepper too.
- Remove your tart base from the oven, and distribute your greens evenly over the base.
- Pour over your egg mixture, making sure to fill any gaps.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the middle is just set, and serve with a big plate of salad and your favourite slaw.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff