If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a restaurant quality soup, with a silky texture and sumptuous flavors that's great to serve guests, but easy enough to make for a weeknight family meal. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/jerusalem-artichoke-soup-white-truffle-oil —Healthline
- 1 1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 baking potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil, plus more to taste
- Peel the Jerusalem artichokes with a vegetable peeler. Save the peels and put the prepared artichokes into a bowl filled with water and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Cut each artichoke tube into thirds.
- Dump the artichoke peels into the chicken broth and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove and discard the peels, saving the stock.
- In a clean soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté the shallot and garlic in 1 tablespoon truffle oil for just a moment. Add in the potato chunks and the chopped artichoke pieces, then pour in the chicken broth and bring just to a simmer. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft. Puree with an immersion blender or mash with a potato masher for a chunkier version. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, if desired. Ladle the soup into warm bowls and drizzle with truffle oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff