Author Notes: This is a restaurant quality soup, with a silky texture and sumptuous flavors that's great to serve guests, but easy enough to make for a weeknight family meal. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/jerusalem-artichoke-soup-white-truffle-oil —Healthline
pounds Jerusalem artichokes
shallots, roughly chopped
cloves garlic, roughly chopped
baking potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
cups chicken stock
tablespoon white truffle oil, plus more to taste
- Peel the Jerusalem artichokes with a vegetable peeler. Save the peels and put the prepared artichokes into a bowl filled with water and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Cut each artichoke tube into thirds.
- Dump the artichoke peels into the chicken broth and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove and discard the peels, saving the stock.
- In a clean soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté the shallot and garlic in 1 tablespoon truffle oil for just a moment. Add in the potato chunks and the chopped artichoke pieces, then pour in the chicken broth and bring just to a simmer. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft. Puree with an immersion blender or mash with a potato masher for a chunkier version. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, if desired. Ladle the soup into warm bowls and drizzle with truffle oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff