If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an all cravings covered lentil bowl! Salty olives, umami rich sun dried tomatoes, fresh orange juice and zest; not to mention perfectly cooked lentils atop some crisp bitter arugula. The perfect spring lunch or dinner! —Shanna Jade | Kiss My Bowl
- 1.5 cups Beluga Lentils - Soaked
- 2 sprigs Kombu
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Capers
- 5-6 Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sun Dried Tomato Oil
- 2 cups Assorted Pitted Olives
- splashes Olive Oil
- 1 Orange - zest & juice
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- Add soaked lentils and kombu to a medium sized pot. Fill with enough water to cover - bring to a boil and allow to boil for a minute or two. Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are soft. Once soft, remove from the heat and reserve.
- Zest and juice the orange. Add capers, sundried tomatoes, olives, splash of olive oil and the orange juice to a food processor. Blitz until the mixture forms a rough chopped tapenade.
- Slice the red onion into rings, separating each segment. Mince the rosemary. Add the reserved sundried tomato soaking oil to a hot frying pan, saute the onion and rosemary until onions are soft and fragrant.
- Remove the kombu from the lentil pot, drain, and transfer lentils to a large mixing bowl. Mix in the tapenade, the onions and rosemary finishing with the orange zest.
- Assemble arugula in a bowl or plate, adding the warm lentil salad on top. Serve warm or cool - enjoy!