If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A super easy fresh tomato galette, a perfect summer dish —Ala Lemon
sheet puff pastry
teaspoon dry thyme
teaspoon mustard powder
tablespoons panko or breadcrumbs
tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Slice the tomatoes to 0.5cm/¼ in. thickness and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp grated Parmesan with the thyme and mustard powder.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay your puff pastry.
- Spread 2 tbsp panko or breadcrumbs, leaving about 4cm/1½ in. of the border uncovered.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan/mustard/thyme evenly mix on top.
- Starting at the centre, place the tomato slices in circles overlapping each other.
- Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan on top, season with a little pepper if you like, and carefully fold the leftover dough over the tomatoes.
- Brush the galette with the beaten egg and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the dough is cooked through and golden brown.
- Allow the galette to cool down slightly before decorating with fresh basil leaves, and serve. Roger Mooking suggests serving with crème fraîche, but I'm partial to a nice side salad.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com