Author Notes: A super easy fresh tomato galette, a perfect summer dish —Ala Lemon
sheet puff pastry
teaspoon dry thyme
teaspoon mustard powder
tablespoons panko or breadcrumbs
tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
In This Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Slice the tomatoes to 0.5cm/¼ in. thickness and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp grated Parmesan with the thyme and mustard powder.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay your puff pastry.
- Spread 2 tbsp panko or breadcrumbs, leaving about 4cm/1½ in. of the border uncovered.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan/mustard/thyme evenly mix on top.
- Starting at the centre, place the tomato slices in circles overlapping each other.
- Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan on top, season with a little pepper if you like, and carefully fold the leftover dough over the tomatoes.
- Brush the galette with the beaten egg and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the dough is cooked through and golden brown.
- Allow the galette to cool down slightly before decorating with fresh basil leaves, and serve. Roger Mooking suggests serving with crème fraîche, but I'm partial to a nice side salad.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com