If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We've got a small house and a small kitchen, so to keep our kitchen cool in the hot summer, we do a lot of outside grilling, salad making, and gazpacho! This gazpacho is both raw and cold, not unlike a smoothie. It's perfect for summer when you're craving lighter foods full of fresh garden vegetables and fruits. —Chase the Flavors
Makes 1 and 1/2 quarts
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries, tops removed
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 english cucumber, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 shallot, skin removed and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, skins removed
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- goat cheese (optional), basil, and black pepper for garnish
- Combine tomatoes, strawberries, cucumber, bell pepper, shallot, garlic and almonds in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stream in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt.
- Refrigerate the gazpacho for a few hours before serving. Garnish with goat cheese, basil leaves, and freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe