If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kimchi fries —Oh Sweet Day!
- 6 pieces medium sized russet potatoes, peeled, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon smoke paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 piece onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the potatoes into thin chips. Toss them in the oil. Sprinkle with thyme and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Toss again to make sure the chips are well seasoned.
- Lay the chips on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a sautee pan on medium heat. Add kimchi, onions and sugar. Cook until onions are softened, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the fries. Layer the kimchi mixture over the cheese, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Put the pan back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle green onion and serve immediately.