If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had been thinking about what to do with this gorgeous heirloom tomato I bought from sprouts market all day and then it hit me like a rock- Eggs in an heirloom tomato basket. If you like grilled tomatoes, you will enjoy this very much. It is hearty, healthy and gourmet. It exceeded my expectations of deliciousness. And that is a tough feat. —sabrina
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 sprinkle of garlic powder
- Cut the tomato in half width-wise. With a small knife, cut a circle in each half. [see picture for size reference] Eat the circles if you like, we won’t be needing these
- Find a non stick pan big enough for the two slices of tomato [or more depending on quantity] Add olive oil to the pan, turn burner onto medium. While the pan is heating, dip each side of the tomatoes in the olive oil and then leave on the rounded size [cut size up]
- Let that cook for a minute or so, until lightly golden. Then add the eggs [inside the holes]. Cook on each side for approximately 1 minute [for runny, for harder yolk - 2 mins] Salt, pepper, and garlic each side.
- Place on plate with cut size up [for presentation] Sprinkle parsley over. Add any other garnish you desire [I did thinly sliced carrots- yay veggies for breakfast!] Eat