If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those "everything but the kitchen sink" recipes. Add, subtract, substitute to your heart's desire! Swap out dried mangoes for apricots, macadamias for almonds, toss in dried cherries or golden raisins, toss in some shredded chicken for a meatier main dish...endless possibilities!
I honestly wasn't quite sure it would come together but somehow it all works. It's now one of my most requested recipes! —Stephanie
Serves a crowd!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 green apple
- 1 shallot
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 pieces crystallized ginger (2-3" slices)
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup dried mango
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1-2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- In a medium pan, boil vegetable broth and lemon pepper. Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, dice green apple and shallot. Combine in a small bowl with lime juice and set aside.
- Chop ginger, mango, macadamia nuts, bell pepper, and pineapple. Combine in large bowl.
- When quinoa is done cooking, add to large bowl and toss gently.
- Stir in apple mixture and curry powder.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad