If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My current go-to is this super simple mango, cucumber, and chile salad. It’s beyond easy to make, and it certainly is delicious. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
Food52 Review: This salad was easy to put together and really pretty. The cucumber and mango were a tasty pair and the herbs, chili, and lime juice added a lot of flavor. To punch it up a little, I added some sliced avocado and a bit more salt. It was a nice partner for some grilled salmon on a hot summer night. (I know it’s still spring, but it was 88 degrees in Austin today.) —drbabs
Serves 2 as a side
- 1 very ripe mango, sliced
- 2 persian cucumbers (or 1/2 english cucumber), thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon (or to taste) cayenne chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (mint, cilantro, basil, chives, or a mix)
- 1 lime
- Arrange the mango and cucumber slices on a plate. Evenly sprinkle chile and salt over. Top with the chopped scallions and herbs, then cut lime in half, and squeeze juice evenly over everything.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad