If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is packed with a lot of punch. The edamame and lentils give it a uber protein and fiber hit, and the tangy dressing with rosemary gives it that satisfying zing. —A Healthy Hunger
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (or 1/3 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup cooked beluga lentils (or 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 2 cups baby arugula, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- I used precooked homemade brown rice, and I purchased precooked lentils. Gotta say that they were great.
- Start by cooking the rice since it takes the longest. In a small saucepan add the rice and 2/3 cup of water. Bring to a boil with a piiiiinch of salt. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender- about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile also cook the lentils. In another small saucepan add the lentils and a cup of water and prepare the same as the rice, but they should only take about 20 minutes. Add more water if they are too dry. The cooking time on lentils depends on how old/dry they are.
- Steam the edamame for 5 minutes and set aside.
- When everything is ready place the rice, edamame, lentils and arugula in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon juice, rosemary and mustard. Stir smooth. Slowly add the oil while constantly stirring the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad (dressing warm rice and lentils is perfect) and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad