If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salad can be served warm or room temperature. Perfect side dish for barbecue and picnic. You can make a day before. —anka
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 shallot cut in half
- 1-2 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In large sauce pan put 4-5 cups water with bay leaves, garlic cloves, shallot and thyme. Bring to boil.
- Put the lentils into a strainer and wash under running water. Add to boiling water and turn heat low, simmer for 30 minutes.
- In mine times make dressing. Mix tahini, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- When lentils are cook, drain and discard garlic, shallot, bay leaves and thyme.
- Mix dressing with still worm lentils. That way lentils will soak up the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad