If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made with shredded burdock root, this is a popular side dish in Hawaii. —kikukat
- 1 pound gobo (burdock root)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1 small chili pepper, seeds removed
- Combine water, vinegar, and salt. Shred (or cut into matchsticks) burdock root and immediately place in water mixture. Drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add dried shrimp and saute a few minutes. Add all remaining ingredients. Stir-fry until all liquid is absorved