If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad makes a great accompaniment to steak, kabobs, or burgers. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/grilled-onion-salad —Healthline
- 2 medium red onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- salt and pepper
- Cut the onions lengthwise into 1-inch thick wedges, leaving the layers of each wedge attached at the root end. Gently toss the onion wedges with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, reserving the rest of the oil for the dressing.
- Arrange the onion wedges on a grill over medium heat and cover with an inverted foil pan. Grill until tender (about 15 – 20 minutes), turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- While the onions are cooking, prepare the dressing. Combine the vinegar, garlic, and oregano in a small bowl. Add the remaining olive oil in a slow steady stream, whisking continuously.
- Toss the onions with the dressing, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad