If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm baguette crostini topped with lemony minted fava bean pesto. roasted shrimp, and shaved pecorino romano cheese. —Riley Wofford
Serves 6 to 8
For the Pesto:
- 1 pound fresh fava beans, shelled
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fava beans and cook for 30 seconds. Drain the beans and transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine the fava beans, lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, mint, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and blend until finely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth. Transfer the pesto to a small bowl and stir in the cheese.
For the Crostini:
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 ounce Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the bread slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and arrange on another baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the bread is lightly toasted and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Spread some pesto over each piece of bread and arrange the shrimp over the pesto. Top each toast with a few shards of cheese and serve.