If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The eggs were perfectly set – slightly gooey because of the cheese, the flavours were delicious, and Sunday brunch turned out to be a real treat! The combination of chorizo and oven-dried tomatoes really elevated this frittata and made it so much more than just a glorified omelette. —Kirthana | Theblurrylime
Serves 2 - 3
- 5 large eggs
- 60 grams chorizo, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 30 grams spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 tomato, sliced into 1/2 in. rounds
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 50 grams grated Cheddar
- A few sun/oven-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to a moderate 190 C (375 F) and butter a 9 inch baking dish.
- Sauté the chorizo in a small pan until crispy. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for a further 4 – 5 minutes until the onions soften and turn translucent. Add the spinach to this and cook until it just starts to wilt, about 1 minute. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy in a bowl; add the grated cheese, flour, salt, and pepper and mix until it’s all well incorporated. Tip in the slightly cooled onion, spinach and chorizo and stir through.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and place the tomatoes in an even layer over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is lightly browned and the eggs are just set, but still moist in the middle. Place a few sun-dried tomatoes on top along with a few basil leaves and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper