If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious summer salad works as an appetizer or main course. —garlic and zest
for the crab salad
for the herb vinaigrette
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain dijon mustard
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon white wine or rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Using a sharp knife or corn kernel remover, cut the kernels from both ears of corn into a large bowl. Add the bell pepper, scallions and jalapeño. Toss to combine. Add the crab and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl add the garlic, mustard, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, olive oil, pepper, salt and fresh herbs. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over the crab mixture and toss until salad is well dressed. Serve.
- Notes For an entree: Serve on a bed of lettuce or in lettuce cups. Use it to fill a pineapple boat, half an avocado or pita pocket. It would be light and summery over sliced mango wedges or hearty piled on a soft kaiser roll with lettuce and tomato. For an appetizer or hors d'oeuvre: hollow out cherry tomatoes and stuff with crab salad. Toast or grill 1" thick slices of a baguette or sourdough and pile crab salad on top for crab bruschetta. Serves 4 as a main course or 6-8 as an hors d'oeuvre or appetizer.