If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light and refreshing -- and cute! -- take on a creamy cucumber salad —Kat Suletzki
- 1 “European” or “English” Cucumber, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a mandoline slicer on the thinnest setting (mine has blades for both “wide” and “thin” ribbon… I used thin; if you use wide, it looks more like fettuccini), slice the cucumber. It should look like 6 inch long spaghetti. Place in a mixing bowl. In a small mixing bowl, combine dill, salt and pepper, then vinegar, oil and cream. Gently toss to combine, taste and re-season if necessary. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad