If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dine on the simple joy of Spring as it blooms offering these raw, fresh delights. —food-alovestory.com
- 1 hefty handfuls Arugula
- 2 handfuls Microgreens (kale, cilantro, radish sprouts)
- 1 handful Fresh Garden Peas
- 1 handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 1-2 bulbs Spring Onion
- 1-2 handfuls Sunflower Sees
Creamy Curried Lemony Dill Dressing
- 1/2 a block Tofu
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons Dill
- 1/4 teaspoon Curry Powder (more if you like spice)
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
- Rinse and pat dry your greens. Add to a salad bowl. Pinch your pea pods to open them, then loosen each pea with your finger to release them into your salad bowl. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and the spring onion into thin rounds. Add the tomatoes and onions to your salad. Put the tofu and garlic into a small electric bender and blend until the tofu is creamy and the garlic is completely mashed. Cut your lemon in half and squeeze in the juice. Add the dill and curry powder and mix well. Drizzle in the olive oil and just lightly pulse a few times. Crack the pepper in and just light stir with a spatula. Taste and adjust lemon, spices, and add, maybe maybe, a pinch of salt. Use the spatula to pour the dressing over the salad. The consistency will be thick, but once tossed, the greens, tomatoes, and peas will add their moisture to give it a beautiful balance between creamy and crunchy, soft and snappy, soothing and fresh. Garnish with a generous helping of sunflower seeds, and a sprig of fresh rosemary. I also tossed into the salad a handful of fresh cilantro. I love treating mint, cilantro, parsley as if they are more than garnish, but leaves with their own rightful place in the salad.
- To view full post please visit: http://food-alovestory.com/2015/04/29/springs-beauty-in-a-bowl-a-simple-six-piece-salad/