If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's a quick (if you use the microwave), healthy, hearty meal salad. Sweet spaghetti squash, beans, and whatever vegetables you've got are finished off with smokey gochujang. Think of it as my visual pun on spaghetti with red sauce -- except this one counts as a salad and packs more of a kick!
Inspired by Sprouted Kitchen (http://www.sproutedkitchen...) and Smitten Kitchen (http://smittenkitchen.com...). —Jade | andcuriously.net
medium spaghetti squash
tablespoon vegetable oil
ounces black beans (1 can, drained)
- Pierce the squash all over with a small knife. Microwave on high for 7 minutes. Carefully (it will be hot and steamy) turn the squash over, and microwave for another 8 minutes. If it’s not soft after that, continue to microwave in 2-minute increments until it is. Let the squash cool until you can safely handle it.
- While the squash is cooling, you can prepare the rest of the meal. Dice your onion, mince the garlic, and slice the peppers.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the vegetables until the onions and peppers are done, seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Add the black beans and cook on low until they are warm.
- Finely chop the cilantro or parsley.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Scoop out the flesh, which will automatically form spaghetti strands, into a large bowl. While the squash is warm, scoop in about half the gochujang and mix to coat. Taste and add more as needed.
- Add the onions, peppers, and beans, and mix lightly. Taste and season again with salt and pepper as needed. Finish with your cilantro or parsley and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad