If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rustic Italian Millet Brunch is savory, earthy, and satisfying. —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 1 cup whole millet
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 cups chopped chard
- 4 eggs
- 4 pieces Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 8 slices of fresh parmesan
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, toast 1 cup of millet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and 1/2 C of shallots to the pot and cook for 1 minute. Next add 1 Tbsp of minced garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- 2. Pour 2 cups of chicken broth into the pot, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes. If you cook the millet too long it will become mush, so you’ll be shooting for a more al dente texture. While the millet is cooking, prep the remainder of your ingredients.
- 3. Once the millet is done cooking, remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 C diced sun-dried tomatoes and 2 C chopped chard. Cover your millet pilaf and allow it to sit and wilt the chard while you cook your sausage and eggs.
- 4. Grill one Italian turkey sausage link and fry 1 egg per person.
- 5. Plate your millet pilaf, sausage, and fried egg together. Top with fresh cracked pepper to taste and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh chive and slices of fresh parmesan.