If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Taking a spin on the Italian classic of panzanella, this version uses freshly grilled pita breads for a great summer side salad. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/mushroom-panzapita —Healthline
- 3 large portobello mushrooms, destined with gills removed
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 cup low-fat Italian vinaigrette, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 whole pita bread
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped, peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- Brush mushrooms with ¼ cup vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill mushrooms over medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Grill pita breads for 1-2 minutes on each side or until warm and slightly charred. Cut mushrooms and pitas into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cheese, onion, cucumber, olives and basil to bowl and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad