If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: rolling your own sushi can be a nuisance - just throw together your sushi ingredients in one bowl and top with a nice soy sauce dressing! done. —fork and flower
for the sushi bowl:
- 1 cup brown rice, boiled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups spinach, blanched
- 1 cup kale, blanched
- 1 handful herbs (cilantro or mint)
- cook the rice in lightly salted water on low for 45 to 60 minutes, until tender (note: the brown rice always takes much longer than regular par boiled rice).
- blanch the vegs as indicated very briefly, drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
for the dressing
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 piece ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sriracha chile sauce, to taste
- for the dressing combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lime and honey or maple syrup, and season with chili sauce.
- divide the rice between two bowls, then place the greens on top in a neat order. serve with the soy sauce dressing.