A light, airy take on a tapioca pudding from the back of the Minute Tapioca box, this is a perfect pudding: sweet, milky, fluffy, and extremely quick to make.
A light, airy take on a tapioca pudding from the back of the Minute Tapioca box, this is a perfect pudding: sweet, milky, fluffy, and extremely quick to make.—Posie (Harwood) Brien
tablespoons instant tapioca
tablespoons sugar, divided
Sliced strawberries, for serving (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine tapioca, 3 tablespoons of sugar, egg yolk, and milk. Whisk together and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg white until foamy. Slowly add the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and beat on high until it forms soft peaks.
- Put the saucepan of tapioca on a burner on medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- While the tapioca is still hot, whisk in the beaten egg white. Let the pudding cool—then serve right away or chill and serve cold.
- A nice optional topping is whipped cream or sliced fresh fruit.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!