If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light, airy take on a tapioca pudding from the back of the Minute Tapioca box, this is a perfect pudding: sweet, milky, fluffy, and extremely quick to make. —Posie Harwood
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sliced strawberries, for serving (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine tapioca, 3 tablespoons of sugar, egg yolk, and milk. Whisk together and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg white until foamy. Slowly add the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and beat on high until it forms soft peaks.
- Put the saucepan of tapioca on a burner on medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- While the tapioca is still hot, whisk in the beaten egg white. Let the pudding cool—then serve right away or chill and serve cold.
- A nice optional topping is whipped cream or sliced fresh fruit.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!