Author Notes: Looking for a new pasta sauce? Try peasto (pea pesto) —Ala Lemon
grams / 10 oz. frozen peas
grams / 2 tbsp pine nuts
grams / 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
tablespoons olive oil
In This Recipe
- In a small pan, toast the pine nuts until fragrant. Set aside.
- Cook the peas for 3-5 minutes, or until tender, and drain.
- Tip the peas into a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan, olive oil and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper, then pulse until smooth-ish.
- The sauce is on the thick side, so add 125ml / half a cup water if you want it more runny. Ideally, add water from the cooking pasta.
- Use as you would traditional pesto.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com