If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for a new pasta sauce? Try peasto (pea pesto) —Ala Lemon
- 300 grams / 10 oz. frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 grams / 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 50 grams / 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- A handfuls tarragon
- In a small pan, toast the pine nuts until fragrant. Set aside.
- Cook the peas for 3-5 minutes, or until tender, and drain.
- Tip the peas into a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan, olive oil and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper, then pulse until smooth-ish.
- The sauce is on the thick side, so add 125ml / half a cup water if you want it more runny. Ideally, add water from the cooking pasta.
- Use as you would traditional pesto.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com