If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick to fix and always delicious, this wonderful spread with its scrumptious blend of smoky gouda, bacon, purple onion and sun-dried tomato, goes perfectly with nearly any party or luncheon. I love to serve it with a crispy garlic bagel chip, like Stacy's, or it also goes well spread on pita bread or a warm chunk of Italian bread. Serve with the bread of choice, a smoky white wine and a salad for a complete, simple and satisfying lunch! —BeijingRose
- 8 oz Smoked Dutch Gouda cheese, grated
- 2 8 oz package of low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 3 TBSP mayo, low-fat or regular
- 2 oz sun-dried, spiced tomatoes, chopped
- 2 oz peppered REAL bacon bits
- 1/4 large purple onion, minced fine
- 1/4 cup Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix cream cheese (softened at room temp), shredded Gouda cheese, Greek yogurt, mayo, and Liquid Smoke into a large bowl--whip by hand until well-blended
- Toss into the bowl your sun-dried tomatoes, bacon bits, minced purple onion and salt, stir until well-blended. Take a piece of sun-dried tomato, cut into a small heart with kitchen shears, and place it on top of the spread and garnish with bacon bits. Chill one hour and serve with garlic bagel chips, Italian bread or pita slices. Makes a wonderful sandwich with sliced tomato and onion!