If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake uses raw beets which give an amazing color to the cake, that is vegan and gluten-free. Perfect alone with its "fudgyness" or for breakfast with some plant-based yogurt and fresh fruit. —Valentina | sweet kabocha
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 + 1/2 cups oat flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- a pinches salt
- 2 raw peeled beets
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut flower nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
- 100 grams apple sauce (about 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp)
- Preheat oven at 350° F / 175° C. Mix chia seeds with water and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or a mill reduce oats into a flour. Add it into a bowl along with cacao, baking powder and salt.
- Grate beets and add them to the bowl and stir.
- In a saucepan melt chocolate with oil, add coconut flower syrup, applesauce, soaked chia seeds and stir until smooth. Add this liquid to the bowl and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan - a 7 inch / 18 cm round cake pan - and bake for about 30 minutes.