Author Notes: This cake uses raw beets which give an amazing color to the cake, that is vegan and gluten-free. Perfect alone with its "fudgyness" or for breakfast with some plant-based yogurt and fresh fruit. —Valentina | The Blue Bride
tablespoon chia seeds
1 + 1/2
cups oat flakes
cup cacao powder
tablespoon baking powder
raw peeled beets
grams dark chocolate
cup extra virgin olive oil
cup coconut flower nectar (or other liquid sweetener)
grams apple sauce (about 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp)
- Preheat oven at 350° F / 175° C. Mix chia seeds with water and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or a mill reduce oats into a flour. Add it into a bowl along with cacao, baking powder and salt.
- Grate beets and add them to the bowl and stir.
- In a saucepan melt chocolate with oil, add coconut flower syrup, applesauce, soaked chia seeds and stir until smooth. Add this liquid to the bowl and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan - a 7 inch / 18 cm round cake pan - and bake for about 30 minutes.