If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Basic crêpe batter drizzled with a filling inspired by baklava: browned butter, honey, sugar, cinnamon and chopped pistachios. A layer of whipped cream with a touch of yogurt is added to cut through the sweetness. —Izy Hossack
For the crêpes:
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- vegetable or canola oil, for frying
For the filling:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted, shelled pistachios, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- For the crêpes: Beat together the eggs, milk and water. In a medium bowl, mix the flour and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Whisk together until smooth.
- Ideally, chill the batter for at least 2 hours. (It can be used straight away if you're in a rush.)
- Just before you start frying the crêpes, make the filling: In a skillet, melt the butter over a medium heat. Continue to cook the butter over a medium-low flame, stirring occasionally, until it foams up and smells nutty. Stir in the honey and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl. Add the cinnamon, salt, and chopped pistachios to the bowl and mix well.
- Place the heavy cream into a large bowl and whisk until billowy and thickened. Stir in the yogurt then chill until needed.
- When you're ready to fry the crêpes: Heat a medium skillet over a medium flame with enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Lower the heat to medium-low and pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet, tilting and swirling the skillet so that the batter spreads out into a large, thin circle. Leave to cook until the edges look set and the underside is golden, then flip with an offset spatula. Cook until the other side is golden brown, then remove to a plate to serve. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve the crêpes warm with the whipped yogurt-cream and the sweet, nutty filling.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: