If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This little but gorgeous cake had an important roll in saying goodbye to the last year and hello to this one. Plus we celebrated my birthday with it, so the cake is versatile. Well deserved to be shared. —Jasmina Gajic
- 150 grams maize flour
- 30 grams polenta
- 60 grams rice flour
- 60 grams semolina
- 1 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
- 150 milliliters milk (add half lemon juice)
- 120 milliliters olive oil
- 180 grams raw sugar
- 1 lemon zest
Decorating & icing
- 100 grams strawberry jam
- 250 grams powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Heat oven to 180C.
- In a medium size bowl pulse eggs with sugar until pale. Add milk, olive oil, lemon zest and pulse again. Add flours and baking powder and mix until loose all lumps. Pour into a greased 6″ round tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cake sticker comes out dry.
- Cool onto a cooling rack until completely cool, then spread strawberry jam on the top (if jam is too thick add a drop of water to make it thinner).
- Mix powdered sugar with a few drops of lemon juice until reach desired thickness and ice the cake.