If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A seasonal salad of green peas, asparagus, onion and pancetta. —Brittany Barton
- 2 cups green peas
- 30 stalks asparagus or 2 bunches
- 1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion - sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pancetta - chopped
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a simmer. Pour in the raw peas and steam for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, strain through a colander and set aside.
- Break the tough ends off the asparagus and compost them. Then using the same large pot, fill again with 1 inch water, bring to a simmer and steam the asparagus for 3 minutes. Use tongs to remove the asparagus to a plate. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the sliced onion with salt and sauté in olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Make sure the onions cook until translucent, not browned.
- In a large bowl, toss together the peas, onion and pancetta. Top the asparagus with this mixture. You can drizzle more olive oil if you like too.