If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wonderful, mild chicken curry —adinab
- 1 whole chicken, about 3.3 lbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 peppercorns
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- coriander leaves, chopped
- Clean and skin the chicken, then cut it into 8 pieces. Wash the pieces and set them aside. Chop the onions and the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and fry until they are golden brown. Add the tomatoes and the spices, including the salt. Lower the heat and fry everything for about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry until the spices have penetrated the meat and the chicken begins to get some color, about 7 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, stir well, cover the pan and cook on low for about 15-20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Stir in between to make sure that the food doesn't stick to the pan.
- Add the lemon juice, some more salt if necessary and the chopped coriander and serve.