If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Rick Bayless, Green Poblano Rice. —anka
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 medium poblano chili,seeded, diced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups (3-4 oz) culantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup basmati rice ( rinsed under cold water )
- 1 small white onion, diced ( 2/3 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Put the broth, chilli. parsley, culantro, chipotle and salt in a saucepan, boil for 10 - 15 minutes. Pour into a blender and puree, set aside.
- Add the oil to the saucepan, add the onion, cook about 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the rice and stir. Mix in the green puree. You can cook in the same pan covered for 15 minutes. I transferred my to the rice cooker and cook for 15 minutes, had to add 1/4 cup of water and let it sit, covered for ten more minutes.