Author Notes: Salad can be served; side dish with roasts, sandwiches and BBQ. —anka
Makes: 2-3 cups
pound red onion thinly sliced
tablespoons apple cider vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
cup chopped parsley
In This Recipe
- Peel the onion and using a knife or a mandoline slice thinly.
- Place in the bowl and add salt, massage with hands (I recommend wearing glows). Let sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Place into a strainer and rinse under cold running water. Squeeze the onions by hand to get reed of extra water.
- Anchovy filets, preserved lemon, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and black pepper put in small food processor and pure.
- Add parsley and dressing to the onions and mix.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad