If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salad can be served; side dish with roasts, sandwiches and BBQ . —anka
Makes 2-3 cups
- 1 pound red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 anchovy files
- 1/4 preserved lemon
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Peel the onion and using a knife or a mandoline slice thinly.
- Place in the bowl and add salt, massage with hands ( I recommend wearing glows ). Let sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Place in to a strainer and rinse under cold running water. Squeeze the onions by hand to get reed of extra water
- Anchovy files, preserved lemon, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and black pepper put in small food processor and pure.
- Add parsley and dressing to the onions and mix.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad