If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Obviously not from the Isle of Capri but still featuring local fruit and cheese. —Summer of Eggplant
- 2 Peaches, firm but ripe
- 3 ounces goat cheese, sliced in disks
- 1 handful arugula
- 2-3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons good quality, fruity olive oil
- 12-16 Basil leaves (depending on the size)
- Slice the peaches, you should be able to get 6 - 8 slices out of each peach. Slice the goat cheese, I find this to be the easiest by placing it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and using waxed dental floss for the slicing rather than a knife.
- Divide the arugula between 4 salad plates. Then layer the salad in a stack alternating peaches, basil, goat cheese. I aim for 3 layers of peaches and basil and one two layers of the cheese.. If you have large basil leaves most likely just one per layer will be needed, if they are small ones from your yard then 2-3 per layer. Drizzle each salad with oil and vinegar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe