If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We've never met a pizza we didn't like (New York or Chicago or Sicilian style!) but we rarely find one we love as much as this homemade Kale and Roasted Red Pepper Pizza. Simple to make (really, don't be intimidated), a crispy thin crust is topped with gooey mozzarella, tangy feta, sautéed kale and roasted red peppers. Make this and you'll never eat pizza from a box again! —bitememore
Makes 2 (10 inch pizzas)
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1 package (2¼ tsp) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Extra flour for kneading
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups kale leaves, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 small red peppers, roasted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (5oz) mozzarella ball, thinly sliced
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Kosher salt, to sprinkle
- 1) For the dough, in a large bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt. Add oil and water and knead lightly to combine ingredients. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand for 3-5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Place dough in a large bowl that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cover with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 2) Preheat oven to 450ºF and preheat a pizza stone for at least 30 minutes before baking pizzas.
- 3) To prepare the kale, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the kale and cook, stirring occasionally just until the leaves are slightly wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4) To assemble pizzas, divide the dough in half and roll each half into a 10-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Spread the tomato sauce on both pizzas. Evenly place kale and roasted red peppers over the tomato sauce, sprinkle with feta cheese and place mozzarella slices evenly around both pizzas. Drizzle a few drops of olive oil over the pizzas and sprinkle with salt. Transfer pizza to the preheated stone and bake until cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.